Friday, January 9, 2015

Oh hey, Friday! - 5 of My Favorite Holiday Viewings

Messy Messy Fail - our house cleaner started the Christmas take down process, however I have yet to finish it.  I swear my mom used to leave Christmas up until Valentine's day........

Tidy Victory - I went on an organizational binge to tidy up our CD's and DVD's crammed into the shelving of the entertainment center.  Now the toddler is no longer tempted to play frisbee with the disks that were scattered about!



As we are watching our final viewing of Frosty the Snowman, one of my favorites, I was inspired to make a list of my five favorite holiday programs/movies that are especially fun to watch during the festive season.  We were able to record several of these on our DVR for our kids to watch (or maybe it was more for us?) and they bring back so many memories.

<Five> A Charlie Brown Christmas - these lovely characters just make me smile and my toddler giggle whenever Snoopy makes that weird squawky noise and Woodstock gets flustered.

<Four> A Christmas Story - not only does this movie have some of the most memorable characters and adventures (the Bumpus hounds!) but has a somewhat local tie!  Many of these scenes were shot at a house in the nearby city of Cleveland, OH, and my husband and I were able to visit last summer.  So crazy walking through the house where Ralphie opened up his pink bunny suit!

<Three> Frosty the Snowman - apparently the toddler's new favorite, he cries for Frosty almost every night.  Happy birthday!

<Two> National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - my husbands favorite, he even has a Fargo hat so he looks like Cousin Eddie when he's out shoveling!

<One> How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon!) - nothing makes me giggle more then listening to the narrator tell the story of a creature with a lonely heart who is moved by the Christmas spirit.

Honorable mentions - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Bumble & Yukon Cornelius, "His beak blinks like a blinking beacon!"), Home Alone (I never laughed so hard the first time I saw that movie in the theater), Twas the Night Before Christmas, Elf (we ate syrup on everything before we saw this movie), The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey WAS the Grinch) and finally a Nightmare Before Christmas (the toddler would sing "Here comes Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!" in the different voices).

Remember  people - it's good to keep the television turned off, but a classic show to share with the whole family is a-okay in my book!

What are your favorite holiday programs?  Check these out next year with your loved ones!


Katie