Sunday, December 6, 2015

Christmas White Trash Treat

Messy Messy Fail - Have you ever looked in the silverware holder of your dishwasher?  If not, maybe you should.  And if you continue to get little bits of debris stuck on your clean dishes, that might be the culprit.  Let's just say I took a look yesterday and threw up in my mouth a little.  I ended up soaking them in a sink full of soapy water and scrubbing with my scrub brush.  Who knew!

Tidy Victory - We got our photo Christmas cards designed, purchased and now we're just waiting for them to be shipped to our house. Turns out Walmart had the best deal for even after I tried all my Shutterfly and VistaPrint coupons.  My husband likes to help with the layout of the card every year - he has suddenly become quite interested in graphic design (wink wink).  He put together quite a nice design with pictures of the boys and a family picture of us from Thanksgiving.  Way to go honey!




*DISCLAIMER - If you are a sensitive soul you should probably consider not reading this post.



Because I'm going to talk about a delicious type of trash.

I like to call it Christmas White Trash.



With Chex, Cheerios, salted peanuts and white chocolate.

Delicious white chocolate that coats everything.


I REALLY hope no one is offended by my post title, but I must point out I did not name this interesting holiday treat.

Nana Patti actually had to remind me that I received a treat bag of Christmas White Trash with the recipe one of my first years of teaching.

So if you are a little offended, I actually can't be blamed at all.  Wasn't my recipe, just sharing.

She kept it (good thing because clearly I didn't) and makes it every year for all of her co-workers.

She says they ask her right about this time of year, "Where's the trash?!?!?!"

Everyone LOVES the trash.

So I am going to share this with you because I think you should try making some trash of your own.

Christmas White Trash, that is.

Here's what you need:
  • 6 cups of wheat Chex
  • 2 c. of Cheerios
  • 2 c. of broken pretzel pieces
  • 2 c. of salted peanuts
  • 1 c. of mini holiday M&M's (optional, says Nana Patti)
  • 2 lbs. of white melting chocolate
  • 3 tbsp. of vegetable oil



Here's what you do:
  • Mix the wheat Chex, Cheerios, pretzel pieces, salted peanuts and mini M&M's in a large bowl.




  • In a microwaveable bowl, melt the 2 lbs. of white chocolate with 3 tbsp. of oil according to the package decorations until smooth.




  • When completely melted, pour the chocolate over the dry ingredients, folding carefully so as not to crush the Chex.




  • Pour contents onto two large cookie sheets.  Spread out flat with a large spatula.  


  • Allow to harden for 15-30 minutes.  Break up into smaller pieces and place in airtight containers.
  • Try not to eat all the trash you just made in one sitting!

Christmas White Trash is a great treat to make with the kids - they can help measure, pour and mix, just watch them around the melted chocolate.



Also a terrific gift for neighbors or co-workers, just place a few pieces in a cute holiday bag and tie with a cute bow.  

I do really love making holiday cookies, but sometimes I just need a quick and easy sweety to have on hand, and this is the perfect recipe!

It's good to remember that everyone needs a little trash in their lives.  

I think Christmas White Trash Treat is a great start! ;)




Do you have any favorite quick holiday treats you like to make?



Holiday Pin It Party